Project42 Academy Training Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions before booking any training.
These are the Training Terms and Conditions of the Project42 Academy – the training division of Project42 Future Tech Limited. These are the rules for the Project42 Academy’s training sessions for the use of electrically powered self-balancing mono-wheel personal transporters (‘Electric Wheels’).
1 By booking any training session it is deemed that you have fully read and accepted our terms and conditions. Throughout these Training Terms and Conditions the Project42 Academy is described as “us” “our” or “we”. The student is described as “you”.
Age and State of Health
2. To participate in the sessions you must be at least 18 years old and have agreed our standard waiver when booking online or signed a hard copy of the standard waiver before joining the session.
3. There is no maximum age but older participants must be agile enough to perform a step onto the foot platform on the unicycle and maintain their balance while the unicycle is in movement
4. The minimum rider’s weight that the Electric Wheels are designed to carry is 40 kg and the maximum is 120 kg.
5. You do not need a high level of fitness to join in the training sessions but it is not suitable for people with serious medical conditions. You must make a full disclosure at the time of booking if you know of any medical condition that could impair your ability to ride the unicycle. If you have any concerns then we recommend that you seek medical advice from your GP before booking
6. We reserve the right to withdraw you from training if in the opinion of our instructor you are not physically fit enough to safely carry on with the session. If this happens we will not reimburse your payment.
Obtaining Your Voucher and Bookings
7. We sell face value vouchers on our website http://academy.project42.com entitling the holder to book training sessions up to the value stated on the voucher. Vouchers purchased from us over the telephone or via the internet will be issued directly by us to the purchaser or any other person nominated by the purchaser.
8. Payment can be made by either Debit/Credit card, Pay Pal or Cash. [There is a 3% administration charge for the use of PayPal or Credit card.]
9. We will email the voucher to you together with booking information a PDF copy of our unicycle user manual and advice on what to wear for the session.
10. The vouchers must be presented upon commencement of the training and cannot be exchanged or sold to a third party. No refunds for purchased vouchers will be given at any time.
11. Vouchers are valid for a maximum of six months (excluding promotions). You will find the expiry date printed on the Voucher. You must book and complete your training session before the expiry date, please note booking lead times apply.
12. Session bookings are on a first-come first-served basis subject to availability. Training session take place on selected weekends throughout the year (with the exception of the Christmas/New Year holidays) and a £25 fee per person will apply. There is no charge for spectators but they are limited to a maximum of two per voucher.
13. All cancellations must be notified by email not less than 48 hours before the start of the session.
14. We reserve the right to cancel, amend or re-arrange the date and time of sessions, giving reasonable notice where possible.
15. Full payment is required before any training takes place.
Safety and Your Responsibilities
16. We do everything within our power to ensure the safety of our students but riding a unicycle, by its very nature, involves a high degree of risk that can lead to personal injury or death. When booking a training session, you need to understand these attendant risks and hazards and make your own free choice to undergo training.
17. You must accept responsibility for their own actions during training and any possible injury caused. There are of course no dual controls on Electric Wheels so you will have sole control of the unicycle, we can only advice you verbally. Therefore we and our instructors cannot accept liability or be subject to any claim for any injury you may suffer while riding the unicycle that is not due to our negligence.
18. It is your personal responsibility to manage these risks sensibly. This means that you should wear all required safety clothing and/or equipment at all times you are expected to comply with all safety guidance and instructions given by our instructors.
19. When we email vouchers to you we will also send you a PDF copy of our user manual for Electric Wheels that gives detailed guidance on the safe use of Electric Wheels. You are strongly recommended to read the whole of this user manual carefully before you attend at any training session.
20. If you suffer any injury during your training the session will be stopped and medical attention will be sought if needed. We always recommend that medical attention is sought in all cases and that injuries are checked by a medical practitioner. However, if you are willing to continue the training it will be at your own discretion.
21. We reserve the right to withdraw from training without any refund any student who misuses their unicycle or exhibits disruptive or dangerous behaviour that risks their own safety or the safety or enjoyment of other students and/or our instructors. Any damage caused to property or equipment as a result of unruly behaviour will be charged to the student responsible.
22. We also reserve the right to withdraw a student from training should there be a suspicion that the student is under the influence of drink or drugs
23. The instructor’s decision is always final and in no circumstances will the instructor compromise either the safety of the student, other students
24. The Electric Wheels are insured so you will not be liable for accidental damage to the unicycle but you are not insured against personal accident or claims from third parties who suffer injury or loss as a result of your actions. Our insurers will not cover any claim by you for personal injury or damage to your personal belongings in the event of an accident. You may wish to consult your own insurance broker to obtain insurance against these risks.
Valuables & Personal Property
25. Your personal property brought to training sessions your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to any such items.
26. We reserve the right at our discretion to refund the session fee in full, instead of providing training.
27. We also reserves the right to vary or change these terms and conditions without prior notice but terms and conditions from time to time will always be published on the web site. Each student on booking will be asked to read and agree to our current terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
28. Although every effort is made to ensure your safety during your course, you must realistically accept that there is a possibility that an accident may occur that causes loss, damage, expense, personal injury or death to you. Unless shown to be negligent, neither us nor any of our instructors is liable to you for any expenses, loss, damage personal injury or death as a result of any accident that may occur.
29. Our liability is limited to any damage caused to you by our failure to perform our contract with you or by our improper performance of the contract unless the failure or improper performance was the fault of you or any other third party or was due to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances which could not have been avoided and this liability is limited to the price paid for the training session.
Privacy30. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit your information to us. You can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site related activities.
31 If you submit any personal information to us such as name, E-mail address, telephone number, we will not disclose them to anybody else unless required to so by law. All information passed to us will be treated as confidential. No information will be shared with any other company or organisation.
32 By providing your details to us on our site at the time of ordering, you consent to us maintaining, holding and using such details for the purposes of processing your order, supplying our services to you and providing you with details of other products and services (where we do use your information to market further products and services to you, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications). Information that is no longer relevant for liaison with customers will be destroyed. All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE IMPORTANT SO PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THEM. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE BOOKING.