WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK FOR TRAINING SESSIONS
TO: THE PROJECT42 ACADEMY – The training division of Project42 Future Tech Limited (company number 09226825) of 1 Westminster Bridge Road London SE1 7XW (‘P42’)
1. I wish to take part in training sessions in the use of electrically powered self-balancing mono-wheel personal transporters (‘Electric Wheels’) provided by P42.
2. To enable me to benefit from this training I am willing to use an Electric Wheel provided by P42 for the session at my own risk and on the terms of this Agreement.
3. I confirm that I am 18 years of age or older and that I understand:
(1) It is ESSENTIAL for me read your Electric Wheel User Manual and watch the training video on your website at uk.project42.com before I come to the P42 training session;
(4) Learning to operate an electric wheel is a little like learning to ride a bicycle or learning to ski: it can feel counter-intuitive at first, it takes perseverance to learn, and I may well have some accidents. I acknowledge that even a fall from a standing height can cause serious, potentially fatal, head injuries;
(5) P42 strongly recommends that I use head protection when operating the Electric Wheel and I will be offered a cycle helmet by P42 for training sessions.
(6) I am solely responsible for determining whether I am physically fit to use the Electric Wheel; and
(7) I must not operate the Electric Wheel under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
4. I acknowledge that except as set out in clause 6 below, I am solely responsible for any personal injury (whether to myself or others) or property damage which I may cause through my operation of the Electric Wheel.
5. I agree to waive and relinquish all claims I may have (or which may accrue to me) as a result of my use of any Electric Wheel against P42 and/or its associated companies, owners, managers, officers and employees for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with or arising from my use of the Electrical Wheel, to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
6. I note that nothing in this agreement is intended to or shall exclude or limit any liability for personal injury or death cause by the negligence of P42, its servants or agents.
7. I acknowledge that I have been requested by the P42 Academy to read the whole of this Agreement carefully and I confirm that I have done so, understand its contents, and agree to be bound by its terms.